the alamo survivor

  • alice m. lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 1999

      Since this was on my e-mail I am assuming you are speaking of Joe, the =
      slave of Lt. Col. William Travis. He wasn't killed because they said he =
      wasn't there on his own free will, and was released with the women. I =
      purchased a book at the Alamo, "Alamo Defenders", a Genealogy: the =
      people and their works. This is where I first heard this story. It was =
      written by Bill Groneman, who also authored "Roll Call at the Alamo." =
      Alice M. Lewis