Ala. author Homer Hickam is coming to Birmingham!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2007
      From: Alabama Booksmith
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Sent: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 1:50 pm
      Subject: Homer Hickam is coming to Birmingham!
      Hi Y'All-

      The great Homer Hickam, author of the #1 New York Times Best Seller,
      Rocket Boys, which was made into the unforgettable movie, October Sky,
      will visit Monday, June 18, to discuss and sign copies of his newest
      book, The Far Reaches. This is the third in the Josh Thurlow series,
      with a twist. All readers of the previous World War II adventures will
      continue to enjoy our hero's action in the Pacific, but there is now a
      hook for female readers with the introduction of Sister Mary Kathleen,
      who nurses the critically wounded Josh back to health. The title is
      quite appropriate considering that even more will be following these
      exciting exploits.
      Monday, June 18      6:00 PM
      Homer Hickam
      The Far Reaches
      The Alabama Booksmith

      If you cannot make the event, but would like signed copies, please click

      Hope we'll see you Monday.
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.

      from AOL at AOL.com.