Exhibits at AU
- -----Original Message-----
[mailto:owner-whatsnew-l@...] On Behalf Of Tim
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 3:06 PM
Subject: What's New Library Update: Announcements
EXHIBIT: HISTORY OF AUBURN LIBRARIES
Currently on display in the Special Collections and Archives
Department is an exhibit on the History of the Auburn University
The exhibit features five flat glass cases plus five easels
containing numerous photographs, captions, newspaper clippings, reports,
and other documents pertaining to the history of the Auburn University
Libraries from the very beginning to the present.
The Special Collections and Archives Department is located on the
GROUND FLOOR of the Ralph Brown Draughon Library.
LADC EXHIBIT ON PAUL RUDOLPH
Staff members of the Library of Architecture, Design, and
Construction have mounted an exhibit on the display board outside of the
LADC on Paul Rudolph. Rudolph was a native of Kentucky and 1940
graduate of the Alabama Polytechnic Institute, and is the best known of
Auburn*s architecture graduates. He completed graduate studies at
Harvard University after serving in the United States Navy during World
War II. From 1958 to 1985, Rudolph served as chairman of the Department
of Architecture at Yale University. He passed away in 1997. Among his
many noteworthy commissions was the Interdenominational Chapel at
The exhibit will remain on display through April as part of the
College of Architecture, Design, and Construction*s 100th. Anniversary
Celebration, April 27-28.
See the "What's New" link ( http://www.lib.auburn.edu/whatsnew/ ) as
of April 13 for more information.
What's New Web Manager and Whatsnew-L Listserv Moderator
Ralph Brown Draughon Library
231 Mell St.
Auburn University, AL 36849-5606
Tel. (334) 844-1729
Fax: (334) 844-4461