Montevallo Literary Festival April 13-14

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2007
      From: Network of Alabama Academic Libraries Discussion List
      [mailto:NAAL-L@...] On Behalf Of May, Alan
      Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 4:17 PM
      To: NAAL-L@...
      Subject: Montevallo Literary Festival--featuring National Book Award
      Winner Ellen Gilchrist

      Please spread the word!

      Below are links to the Festival web page, schedule of events, and
      registration form.

      The readings are free and open to the public!

      Alan May
      Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian
      Carmichael Library
      University of Montevallo
      (205) 665-6111

      Montevallo Literary Festival's Home page

      Dear Friends of the Alabama Arts  Community,

      We are happy to announce the  fifth annual Montevallo Literary Festival,
      which will take place on Friday and  Saturday, April 13-14, 2007, on the
      University of Montevallo campus.

      The Montevallo Literary Festival  is a unique opportunity for
      participants to interact with some of the top  writers in the
      country.  Participants attend workshops in poetry, prose, or  drama,
      working closely on their own writing with some of the country's
      most  distinguished poets, fiction writers, playwrights, and writers
      of  non-fiction.

      Readings, scheduled throughout  both days, are free and open to the
      public.  This year we are proud to welcome  Catherine Bowman, Wendy
      Bruce, Kirk Curnutt, Peter Donahue, John Dufresne, Jim  Gilbert,
      Jennifer Horne, Rich Lyons, Don Noble, John O'Keefe, Michele
      Reese,  Brad Vice and Philip and Sandra Williams.

      We are especially glad to  present National Book Award Winner Ellen
      Gilchrist, as our inaugural Southern  Progress Keynote Reader.

      We are grateful to the Alabama  Humanities Foundation for their support
      for the festival through generous grants  and for the support of the
      Friends of the Montevallo Literary Festival, the  University of
      Montevallo English Program, and Carmichael Library.

      For more information, including  a registration form detailing workshop
      costs and a schedule of events, click the  links above.  If you have any
      questions, please feel free to contact the  Festival director, Jim
      Murphy, at 205-665-6416 or at murphyj@....

      We hope to see you April 13-14  for the Montevallo Literary Festival.

      Best wishes,

      Norman  McMillan
      Board Member
      Montevallo Literary Festival