FW: [Surfnetkids: 07 Feb 2007] Rosa Parks

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      [Surfnetkids Free Newsletter] Rosa Parks

      #1. February 7, 2007

      Barbara J. FeldmanDear Reader,

      Want to be one of ten lucky Surfnetkids readers to win a Sesame Street DVD starring our favorite curious red monster Elmo?

      Enter the Surfnetkids Elmo Sweepstakes at:
      http://prizes.surfnetkids.com

      In other news, in an effort to improve communication, I have a created a new site ReplyToBarbara.com, where you can:

      * Get support and ask questions
      * Browse Frequently Asked Questions (and answers!)
      * Post comments and suggestions on my Guestbook
      * Send me a private message

      Check it out at:
      http://www.ReplyToBarbara.com

      See ya on the Net,
      Barbara J. Feldman
      "Surfing the Net with Kids"
      http://www.surfnetkids.com

      #2. Share In The Money Being Made On The Internet

      It's easy and free to join -- and even easier to use:
      you just use the Internet as you always have. And
      the members who sign up early and build a big network
      of friends stand to earn the most. Click on this link and
      join my network.

      http://www.BarbaraFeldman.com/Recommends/Agloco/

      #3. Rosa Parks

      by Barbara J. Feldman
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/rosa_parks.htm

      Rosa Parks Printable (** for premium members only)
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/printables/rosa_parks.pdf

      On December 1, 1955, African-American Rosa Parks was arrested for refusing to give her bus seat to a white passenger. One year later, on December 20, 1956, the U.S. Supreme Court declared segregated bus seating illegal. During that year, the forty-two year Montgomery seamstress lead a peaceful bus boycott that became a model for other civil rights protests.

      Academy of Achievement : Rosa Parks Profile
      http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/par0pro-1
      *****
      Get face-to-face with Rosa Parks in my pick-of-the-day site from the Academy of Achievement . The biography and photo gallery are both excellent, but my favorite clicks are the Parks interview (available in text, audio or video) and the Black History Month lesson plans (look in the left-hand column under Teachers.) You'll find plenty of other heroes to browse while you are here. Look for the list of Academy of Achievement honorees that are related to Parks, and further down the sidebar you'll see a list of the most popular.

      Montgomery Bus Boycott: The Story of Rosa Parks
      http://www.montgomeryboycott.com/frontpage.htm
      *****
      In the months before Parks refused to give her bus seat to a white man, several other black women had also been arrested for similar incidents. Why was it Park's refusal that lead to the Montgomery bus boycott? Learn more about the boycott and its place in the civil rights movement in this online special published by the Montgomery Advertiser newspaper. Best click is the interactive time line (covering from 1954 to 1957) with embedded video clips.

      Parks Institute: Rosa Louise Parks Biography
      http://www.rosaparks.org/bio.html
      ***
      "Mrs. Parks was born Rosa Louise McCauley, February 4, 1913 in Tuskegee , Alabama . She was the first child of James and Leona Edwards McCauley." In 1987, Parks established The Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute to carry on her work encouraging youth to "reach their highest potential." Visit the Institute web page for her biography, a time line of her life, and to learn about the Pathways to Freedom program that teaches the history of American civil rights.

      ... to continue reading, visit Surfnetkids: Rosa Parks.

      #4. What Did We Miss? Submit or Link To Us

      Do you know of a great Rosa Parks site that we didn't include? Click here to submit a site review.
      Click here to browse the most recent site reviews written by our readers.

      Do you have your own website? Here's the code to link to this week's topic:

      For more link options (including daily content applets and RSS feeds) see:
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/link.htm
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/daily.html

      #5. Note from a Reader

      Thank you for giving me permission to use information on Beethoven from your site! I am very thankful, because I had to get this permission to be in the technology fair competition, or I would have been disqualified. I promise to credit you as I was asked.
      Thanks again,
      Olivia Aldridge

      **Printables Club members get 6 to 9 recommended sites (instead of the 3 included in this free newsletter) and oodles of additional educational content with the Surfnetkids Premium Newsletter. Learn more with a ten-day trial:
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/printables-club.htm

      #6. Related Games

      Rosa Parks Word Search
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/games/rosa_parks-ws.htm

      Printable Rosa Parks Word Search
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/printables/Word_Searches/rosa_parks-ws.pdf (** for premium members only)

      Martin Luther King Crossword
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/games/king-cw.htm

      (Learn how to make kids games just like these with my How to Add Games to Your Site step-by-step manual.)

      #7. Related Video

      Rosa Parks in Her Own Words
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/video/rosa_parks_own_words.htm

      Rosa Parks Tribute
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/video/rosa_parks_tribute.htm

      #8.Quote of the Week

      "It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: what are we busy about?" Henry David Thoreau (1817 - 1862) American naturalist and author

      Click here for more on Henry David Thoreau.
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/related.php?t=Henry+David+Thoreau

      Daily Education Quote via Email
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/quotations/

      #9. Surfnetkids Classified Ads

      Got printer? Need Ink?
      http://www.123printerink.net

      No time to workout? No problem! Introducing the amazing new workout program that's the laziest way to get in shape - works almost any place, anytime, anywhere...even while watching TV!
      http://www.fit-and-sit.com

      Online games turn ordinary school assignments into interactive fun. Show your kids how to author word searches, jigsaws and crossword puzzles.
      http://www.how2add.com

      Got printer? Need ink? Free shipping. Free gifts.
      http://www.123printerink.net

      FUN GIFT IDEA: Puzzle Clonzz jigsaw paper for printing forty-piece jigsaw puzzles from your computer printer.
      http://surfnetkids.com/puzzleclonzz.htm

      Want to get the word out? Surfnetkids.com text ads work wonders.
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/ratecard.htm

      #10. Subscription Management

      To cancel the free weekly Surfnetkids Newsletter sent to meds002@..., send an email message to leave-surfnetkids-126218R@... .

      To change your email address or name, click here

      To get your own free weekly subscription:
      http://www.surfnetkids.com/emailedition.htm

      Need help? Get support at:
      ReplyToBarbara.com
      Copyright © 2007 by Surfnetkids.com, Inc.
      991C Lomas Santa Fe Dr #415, Solana Beach , CA 92075
      Publication in any medium is strictly prohibited without prior written permission. This means you are NOT allowed to post this newsletter on your website, in your school publication, nor distribute it to an email list. You are however, allowed and encouraged to forward this newsletter to a few friends. Thank you for your help in protecting my copyright.

      ISSN 1520-4588