Alabama Book Festival [4/21/07]: Call for Volunteers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2007
      From: Network of Alabama Academic Libraries Discussion List
      [mailto:NAAL-L@...] On Behalf Of Medina, Sue
      Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:27 AM
      To: NAAL-L@...
      Subject: Alabama Book Festival Volunteer Check-in on Website

      NAAL is a partner with the Alabama Book Center, sponsor of the annual
      Alabama Book Fesitival in Montgomery (at Old Alabama Town).

      The Alabama Book Festival will be Saturday, April 21, 2007.    (This is
      the Saturday after the ALLA Conference ends on Friday and before the
      NAAL Planning Retreat begins on Sunday). I don't recall exact times, but
      I think it starts around 9:30 or 10 a.m through late afternoon.  Last
      year, there were about 50 authors -making presentations, serving on
      panels, wandering around and talking to people - and, of course, signing
      their books. It was GREAT fun (and a good learning experience, too).  If
      you would like to volunteer to help, please visit the website below.  I
      understand that those who volunteer before March 10 will get a free
      T-shirt....after that and you just have to wear any old thing.... SOM

      The volunteer sign-up form for the Alabama Book Festival is on the
      Alabama Center for the Book website at

      http://www.alabamabookcenter.org/events/book-festival.html

      The sign-up deadline is March 10 in order to be included in the t-shirt
      order.

      Please, sign up and encourage your friends and colleagues to become
      volunteers as well.

      Thank you.

      Alice
      --