13th Annual "Colonial Isle Dauphine" Nov. 11-12, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2006
      Info on Fort Gaines: http://www.dauphinisland.org/fort.htm

      [This call is for reenactors. The Fort Toulouse event mentioned is
      Alabama
      Frontier Days November 1-4 http://www.alabamafrontierdays.com/ ]

      13th Annual "Colonial Isle Dauphine" Nov. 11-12, 2006

      Posted by:
      fortgaines@...

      Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:27 am (PST)

      Dear friends,

      This serves as a reminder, that our colonial event will be coming up
      soon.
      We sincerely hope that you will be able to come to Fort Gaines for this
      weekend.

      (We are hoping that you won't be too exhausted from the Fort Toulouse
      event!!)

      We offer hay, firewood, 1 meal a day, and plenty of fellowship!!
      If you would like to bring some of your re-enactment buddies - please
      do!!
      3 Hurricanes in 1 Year have "thinned out" our volunteer force, many are
      still displaced so we are happy for any re-enactors that want to come
      and
      "check us out".

      This is a broad event - anything pre-1840's!
      Pirates, settlers, mountain men, any soldiers of 1700's and 1800's,
      re-enactor families with their tents....

      All we ask is that you bring with you one demonstration or interpretive
      setting and that you will interact with our visitors.

      Please call us (251) 861-6992 or e-mail us so we can have enough time to
      plan out the meals.
      Have a great weekend at Fort Toulouse - hope to see you at Fort Gaines!!

      Ursula Prince
      Assistant Manager
      Fort Gaines.
      PS: Forward this e-mail to any and all re-enactor friends you have.
      Thank
      you!