FW: Tom Franklin, Beth Ann Fennelly Here Tomorrow [Montgomery]

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2006
      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:48 AM
      To: Capitol Book
      Subject: Tom Franklin, Beth Ann Fennelly Here Tomorrow

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Tuesday, September 26, 2006

      TWO GREAT WRITERS HERE TOMORROW!
      TOM FRANKLIN & BETH ANN FENNELLY
      WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
      5:00-7:00 P.M.

      We've been big fans of Tom Franklin's since the day we read the first
      short story in his first book.  Every other story in that book,
      Poachers, as well as his first novel, Hell at the Breech, has
      confirmed that perception.

      Tom's second novel, Smonk, is just out, and we will follow him
      anywhere.  As the book industry bible, Publisher's Weekly said,
       "Franklin's gloriously debauched second novel...(is) fast
      paced...Readers looking for a strange and savage tale can't go wrong."

      Here's the deal: Real bad guy (reeeal bad) terrorizes a small Alabama
      town in 1911. Town fights back, he fights back, and it all ends really,
      really badly. Not to be read alone, and not even to be read by
      everybody. A brilliant, brutal tour de force.

      Tom's been to the store several times before, but this time we're happy
      to say he's traveling with his wife, the poet and essayist, Beth Ann
      Fennelly.  Her latest book is Great with Child, Letters to a Young
      Mother.  This book started out as letters written to a pregnant friend,
      who, far away from home and family, needed some sisterly advice during
      her pregnancy.  That friend passed them on to another pregnant friend,
      who passed them on-  well, you get the idea.

      So, with Tom Franklin's Smonk, we have a disturbing, manic, haunted
      house, thrill ride kind of a book,
      and with Beth Ann Fennelly's Great with Child, we have poet's take on
      the magic and mystery of being a new parent.
      In other words a totally schizophrenic book event-  it is going to be
      great!

      They'll be HERE AT THE STORE TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, FROM 5-7
      PM. A joint signing will begin at 5:00 P.M., with a short talk/reading
      at 5:30, and more signing afterward.

      If you would like signed books but can't be here, just let us know and
      we'll be happy to take care of it for you.

      Books Available
      By Tom Franklin:
      Smonk, $23.95 hardcover
      Hell at the Breech, $23.95 hardcover, $12.95 paperback
      Poachers (stories) , $12.95 paperback

      By Beth Ann Fennelly:
      Great With Child, $22.95 hardcover
      Tender Hooks (poems), $13.95 paperback