FW: Associational Life in the Nineteenth-Century South, SHA 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2006
      From: H-NET List for Southern History [mailto:H-SOUTH@...] On
      Behalf Of Herr, David
      Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 8:49 AM
      To: H-SOUTH@...
      Subject: Associational Life in the Nineteenth-Century South, SHA 2007

      From: Ami Pflugrad-Jackisch [mailto:apflugrad@...]
      Subject: CFP: Associational Life in the Nineteenth-Century South, SHA
      2007

      CFP: Associational Life in the Nineteenth-Century South, SHA 2007

      I am seeking papers to complete a panel for the 2007 Southern Historical
      Association Conference in Richmond, Virginia on associational life in
      the nineteenth-century South. The panel examines southern associational
      life (clubs, civic organizations, secret societies, fraternal orders,
      etc.), and seeks to paint a more complete picture of the people who
      joined these organizations, the groups' goals, and, more broadly,
      address issues such as race, industrialization, and class.

      The deadline for submission is rapidly approaching. Please email me an
      abstract of your paper and a c.v. by Wednesday, September 13th, if you
      are interested in participating in the panel.

      Ami Pflugrad-Jackisch
      Assistant Professor of History
      University of Michigan-Flint
      pfljack@...