FW: [Ala. author] Joshilyn Jackson [in Montgomery August 24]

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2006

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:41 AM
      To: Capitol Book
      Subject: Joshilyn Jackson Here Tomorrow

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Wednesday, August 23, 2006

      Joshilyn Jackson Here Tomorrow!

      Talk about bursting onto the scene. A couple of years ago, Joshilyn Jackson wrote one of the most amazing debut novels we can remember, gods in Alabama. Not only did it sell well, and not only was it a critical success, but it was actually a really good book, and then Joshilyn herself turned out to be really funny and smart, and we hosted her for a couple of booksignings, and everybody who met her was just wowed.

      A hard act to follow, right? Yes, but Joshilyn has done it, and then some, with her new book Between, Georgia, which we've read and loved and can summarize like this:

      Nonny Frett's life has been lived in a state of between -- between feuding families, between the men she loves, between where she feels secure and where she doesn't.  Between, Georgia is a journey of hilarity, humanity, pathos, and redemption.  Her old fans will not be disappointed, and new fans will be delighted.

      Joshilyn will be here at the store TOMORROW, THURSDAY, AUGUST 24 FROM 4-6 PM. She'll stop signing books around 4:30 and do a short reading, which if you've been to one of her readings before you know you don't want to miss. So come!

      Between, Georgia, hardcover, $22.99

      And her debut novel,  and huge bestseller:
      gods in Alabama, hardcover, $19.95 or paper. $12.95

      Can't come but still want some signed books? Just email us, and we'll take care of it.
      Cheryl and Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334.265.1473
      www.capitolbook.com