FW: BAMA Football's Greatest Play! [new book]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
       FYI... ajwright@... P.S. War Eagle!!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: booksmith@...
      To: BAMA_Football@The_Booksmith
      Sent: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 9:12 AM
      Subject: BAMA Football's Greatest Play!
      Hi Y'All-

      If you're not a BAMA football fan, or don't have a loved one who is, you
      might as well stop reading now and delete. However, if you or dear
      friends or family cherish The Crimson Tide, this is an urgent message.
      You need to spend the next several minutes paying close attention -
      particularly to the 60 second video and voice replay of the most
      important moment in BAMA football history - The Goal Line Stand - as
      narrated by Keith Jackson, Barry Krauss and Coach Bryant.

      The Jefferson County University of Alabama Alumni Association is
      sponsoring a night to remember at the sparkling new Doubletree Hotel in
      Birmingham (formerly the Radisson) on Monday night, August 28, at 6:30.
      The main attraction is the national launch of AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A
      WINNER: Bear Bryant, the Goal Line Stand, and a Chance of a Lifetime by
      Barry Krauss and Joe M. Moore. Barry and other key participants in the
      Goal Line Stand - Rickey Gilliland, Murray Legg and Rich Wingo - will be
      here in person, along with Bob Baumhower and other surprise guests.

      Tickets are only $35 and include all taxes, a signed first edition of
      the book and a chance to win a free signed, numbered, limited edition of
      the magnificent print, Chance of a Lifetime, painted by Barry Krauss.
      Proceeds benefit the University of Alabama Scholarship Fund. We're
      sending this to our customers today before it is announced to the
      public. Seating is limited, and we anticipate a sell-out.

      To order tickets, you may reply to this e-mail or go to our web site
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com and click on COMING EVENTS. If you
      cannot make the big bash, you may either order signed first editions for
      $26.95 plus tax or purchase tickets for $35 including tax and receive
      chances to win the print as well as benefit the Alumni Association.

      This kickoff event is the Monday before the Tide kicks off the season,
      and as we approach the date, fans will be swarming. We'll shortly send
      this notice to local, state and national alumni, so please reserve your
      seats today. Barry Krauss is one of the nation's top drawing cards, and
      his speakers bureau normally charges a fee with many zeros. Don't come
      up zero with your tickets - do what Penn State could not - score today!

      OK! Below is the link to that awesome playback of the 1979 Sugar Bowl
      game when #1 Penn State was on the one inch line against #2 Alabama.
      After watching, don't forget to come back to this message and order your
      tickets. Feel free to forward this playback to BAMA fans everywhere.

      http://www.barrykrauss.com/2ndvideokeithjackson.wmv

      ROLL TIDE!!

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.