Turn back the clock to August 30, 1813 [at Fort Mims]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2006
      Turn back the clock to August 30, 1813
      Posted by: "Brien" BrienMcW@... brienmcw
      Date: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:28 am (PDT)

      Let it be known that the Battle of Fort Mims/Fort Mims Massacre
      (depending on your point of view), which is hosted by the 6th Alabama
      Cavalry in Tensaw, Alabama each year in late August, is just five weeks
      away. You are invited to join us in reenacting the bloodiest frontier
      struggle in American history. Men, women, and children are needed for
      this most chilling spectacle. Die like most of the white
      settlers/frontiersmen/militia did that tragic day, or score one of the
      greatest victories in Native American history as a Creek Red Stick
      warrior.

      I am enclosing the official Fort Mims Restoration Association site link
      for your enjoyment.
      Here can be found much information about the event, the history, the
      reconstruction of the fort, and links to various sites as well as past
      photos. Most of the west and north walls are now in place, creating a
      permanent majestic backdrop. Please browse it and enjoy it.

      http://users.wildblue.net/stockton-area/ (FMRA site)
      http://imageevent.com/whipgrey/fortmims2004 (2004 photos)
      http://imageevent.com/whipgrey/fortmims2005themassacre (2005 photos)

      If you would care to take part in the event as a re-enactor, please let
      me know. We'd be happy to have you camped onsite in whatever capacity
      you would care to represent. We need all manner of settlers,
      militiamen, buckskinners, backwoodsmen, women and children,
      and...especially...Creek warriors. Please contact me if you would like
      further information as to weapons, clothing, and equipment.
      This is the only event you'll ever experience where women are welcome to
      fire weapons in battle.

      Broaden your reenacting horizons by stepping back in time to that hot,
      fatal afternoon in the south Alabama wilderness of August 30th...1813!

      See you there, "the Good Lord willin' an' the Creek don't rise..."

      Brien R. McWilliams
      Reenactor Coordinator,
      Battle of Fort Mims
      Board Member,