FW: Gay Talese [Homewood, May 22]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2006
      Fyi... ajwright@...
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alabama Booksmith <booksmith@...>
      To: Alabama's Literati <Gay_Talese@The_Booksmith>
      Sent: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:01:33 -0500
      Subject: Gay Talese
      Hi Y'All-

      We're setting a tough standard to beat this coming Monday, May 22. Gay
      Talese, the man Esquire Magazine calls the finest living non-fiction
      writer, will sign copies of his new memoir, A Writer's Life, and make a
      few brief remarks about his days at Alabama and some of his best known
      books and stories. We agree with the title and also insist that he is
      the best dressed living writer. He puts on a coat and tie to write...in
      his own home. Don't miss this opportunity to meet a legend.
      Monday, May 22         6:00 PM
      Gay Talese
      A Writer's Life
      The Alabama Booksmith

      For those of you who are already members of our Signed First Editions
      Club, relax. You will receive your copy soon. This is our May selection.

      If you have not already ordered your signed first editions of Charles J.
      Shields' Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee - HURRY! You only have
      until June 1, to receive two tickets to the drawing for a copy of To
      Kill a Mockingbird signed by Harper Lee with every copy of the
      biography. You may order on line at http://www.alabamabooksmith.com or
      with a reply to this e-mail or call 205.870.4242.

      See ya Monday.

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed
      from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good
      reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We
      will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any
      circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.