FW: Howell Raines [May 18 & 19]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2006
      FYI... ajwright@...
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alabama Booksmith <booksmith@...>
      To: Alabama's Literati <Howell_Raines@The_Booksmith>
      Sent: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:36:35 -0500
      Subject: Howell Raines
      Hi Y'All-

      Howell Raines was the most powerful man in the world of publishing
      before he stepped down as Editor-in-Chief of the New York Times. His
      fascinating new book, The One That Got Away gives insight to that
      situation and his entire life as it relates to fly fishing....and he has
      a brilliant ability to equate living to fishing.

      You have two opportunities this week to meet Howell Raines and have
      copies signed for your personal library as well as gifts for Graduation,
      Father's Day and other occasions. Thursday evening, the Literacy Council
      has chosen Mr. Raines to kick off their Signature Series at the
      magnificent home of Marion and Brad Kidd on Cherokee Road. Come enjoy
      drinks, hors d'oeuvres and mingle with the beautiful literati. Call
      205.326.1925 for reservations and information.

      Thursday, May 18th      6:30 PM
      Howell Raines
      The One That Got Away
      Home of Marion and Brad Kidd
      Literacy Council Benefit     205.326.1925

      If you can't make the Thursday evening event, Howell Raines will sign
      copies at The Booksmith the next day, Friday, May 19th at 4:00. If you
      are unable to see Mr. Raines in person, we'll be happy to handle signed
      copies for you by reply to this e-mail or 205.870.4242.
      Friday, May 19            4:00 PM
      Howell Raines
      The One That Got Away
      The Alabama Booksmith

      Our regular reminder: you only have until the end of the month to
      receive two tickets for the drawing for the signed copy of To Kill a
      Mockingbird by Harper Lee when you order signed first editions of
      Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields. You may
      order on line at http://www.alabamabooksmith.com; by reply to this
      e-mail or at 205.870.4242. A complete explanation is on the new web site
      of Alabama's favorite book columnist, Susan Swagler: www.swagler.net.
      Look for the article with the headline "Two birds with one stone".

      Last reminder: The Signed First Editions Club selection for May is A
      Writer's Life, by Gay Talese. Members' copies will be shipped next week.

      See ya Thursday or Friday - or both!

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed
      from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good
      reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We
      will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any
      circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.

      and IM. All on demand. Always Free.