FW: Harper Symposium at Alabama Museum of Natural History

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      FYI...I am forwarding the message below from Ms. Shores....although born
      in Maine, Harper spent much of his career in Alabama and wrote such
      works as _Economic Botany of Alabama_[1913] and _Forests of
      Alabama_[1943]. He died in Tuscaloosa in 1966. More info at
      http://www.wku.edu/~smithch/chronob/HARP1878.htm ... ajwright@...

      I thought you might want to know that the Alabama Museum of
      Natural History is holding a symposium Saturday on Roland McMillan
      Harper,
      the botanist whose biography I have written. (The biography is in review
      by
      a university press.) I'm going to read a paper.

      Details:

      "Botanical Bonanza: Photographs by Roland Harper, 1911-1951." Symposium
      and
      Exhibition Opening Saturday, Dec. 3, 2005, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Alabama
      Museum of
      Natural History, Smith Hall, University of Alabama. RSVP 348-7550.

      Hope all is well with you and yours.

      Elizabeth

      Elizabeth F. Shores, M.A.P.H.
      Senior Research Associate
      National Center for Rural Early Childhood Learning Initiatives
      Mississippi State University

      http://www.ruralec.msstate.edu/

      Mailing Address:
      3303 Shenandoah Valley Dr.