Re: [alabamahistory] Medal picture on alabamahistory homepage--problems??

  • Steve Murray
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2005
      A.J.,

      The URL below goes to a Yahoo group called "Alabama" rather than
      "Alabamahistory." If you throw in the "history" at the end, works fine.

      Steve

      >>> ajwright@... 11/30/05 1:01 PM >>>
      Greetings, subscribers!

      I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving....

      At least two subscribers seem to be having problems getting
      to/displaying this photo...is there anyone who has tried to access it
      and had no problem?

      I've been able to bring it up from the office, home, even at my
      brother's house in Mobile...

      Could those who are having problems be more specific...what does
      happen
      when you try to access it?

      Instructions from the November 23 message:

      Regarding Carey's message of yesterday concerning identification of a
      medal, I have now uploaded a digital image of the medal that Carey
      sent
      me....

      Go to

      and click on Photos on the left hand menu....the medal picture should
      appear as a thumbnail; click on it for a larger image....

      Actually, any subscriber can load .jpg or .gif images to this section
      of
      our group's space on Yahoo...we have a lot of unused capabilities,
      such
      as photos, chat, links, databases, calendar, etc...

      ?? --aj

      A.J. Wright, M.L.S.
      Associate Professor
      Director, Section on the History of Anesthesia

      Department of Anesthesiology Library
      University of Alabama at Birmingham
      619 19th Street South, JT965
      Birmingham AL 35249-6810

      (205) 975-0158
      (205) 975-5963 [fax]
      ajwright@...

      http://www.anes.uab.edu/libraryinformation.htm

      An archive of messages for this list since September 1998 can be viewed
      at http://www.yahoogroups.com/archive/alabamahistory
      Yahoo! Groups Links
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Thanks for noticing this problem, Steve! I'm glad the solution turned
        out to be a simple one...aj