Alabama and World War I

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2005
      Carey--

      You might try a search on OCLC's WorldCat database.

      Using the "Advanced Search" option, I tried

      "Alabama" and "World War, 1914-1918" as subject phrases and got 56 hits:

      -31 books
      -17 archival
      -5 serials
      -1 sound
      -1 visual
      -1 Internet

      If you cannot access WorldCat, let me know and I can email you the
      search...

      At Ancestry.com [the commercial genealogical database vendor] there is

      which includes Alabama. Access requires either an individual or
      institutional subscription, but I think you should be able to ready the
      description at

      http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx=List&dbid=6482&ti=0

      --aj

      A.J. Wright, M.L.S.
      Associate Professor
      Director, Section on the History of Anesthesia

      Department of Anesthesiology Library
      University of Alabama at Birmingham
      619 19th Street South, JT965
      Birmingham AL 35249-6810