CFP: Southern Writers Symposium (3/1; 10/17-10/18)

  • Mary Wheeling
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 1998
      fyi--aj wright//

      Fifteenth Southern Writers Symposium: The Limits of Southern Literature

      October 17-18, 1999

      How do we classify literature as "Southern"? What is excluded and why?
      Why do some authors resist the label "Southern"? Is Southern literature
      on the wane? Are we indeed living in a post-Southern era?

      We invite you to explore these questions and others at the 15th Southern
      Writers Symposium held at Methodist College, in Fayetteville, North
      Carolina. If you are interested in proposing a paper, session, discussion
      panel, or workshop related to the topic, please submit a 250-word abstract
      or completed paper, postmarked no later than March 1, 1999, to Mary
      Wheeling, Dept. of English, Methodist College, 5400 Ramsey St.,
      Fayetteville, NC 28311-1420 (910-630-7493; FAX 910-630-2356).

      NOTE NEW POLICY: no email submissions will be considered

      Full Information at
      http://www.english.upenn.edu/CFP/
      or write Jack Lynch: jlynch@...