FW: CFP: Truman Capote (9/15/05; NEMLA, 3/2/06-3/5/06)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2005
      FYI ..ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: MRSchiavi@...
      To: cfp@...
      Sent: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:06:27 EDT
      Subject: CFP: Truman Capote (9/15/05; NEMLA, 3/2/06-3/5/06)
      CALL FOR PAPERS -- Northeast Modern Language Association

      Philadelphia, PA -- March 2-5, 2006

      "A 'TRU' RETURN: CAPOTE IN 2006"

      For this panel, I invite papers considering any aspect of Truman
      Capote's
      work or persona. Fresh analyses of his stories, novels, essyas, letters
      or
      screenplays are welcome. What sorts of claims might we make to label
      Capote a
      "major" American writer? Whta did he contribute to the American canon?
      What
      were
      his particular literary gifts? Papers dissecting Capote's public
      appearances, his marketing of self or work, his various (and incessant)
      portrayals in the
      media will also be welcome.

      Please send 250-word abstracts by SEPTEMBER 15, 2005 to

      MSchiavi@... OR

      Dr. Michael Schiavi
      New York Institute of Technology
      Dept. of English