FW: Birmingham - Center of The Writing Universe

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005

      From: Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:28 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Birmingham - Center of The Writing Universe

      Hi Y'All-

      If you haven't already gotten tickets for the Twenty-Fifth Anniversary
      Conference of Writing Today, DO IT NOW!

      Next Friday and Saturday, March 11 & 12, the campus of
      Birmingham-Southern College
      will look like Literary Heaven. You can meet and get signed books from
      the likes of:
      Horton Foote, Andrei Codrescu, Rick Bragg, Steve Almond, Ron Rash,
      Warren St. John, Frank Stitt, Dolores Hydock, Sarah Crichton, Dana
      Johnson and Milam McGraw Propst.

      There are also many great writing instructors available to help you
      create the great American novel.

      For details on schedules, authors' titles and how many Pulitzer Prizes
      are involved, as well as securing your tickets - call 205.226.4921 or
      log on to http://www.writingtoday.org

      This event is for those who only read, as well as writers at all stages
      of their craft.

      As a special bonus, this conference will be the national signing debut
      for Steve Almond, author of the #1 BookSense title Candyfreak, when he
      signs copies of his new book, The Evil B.B. Chow and Other Stories.

      See Ya next week.

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.