FW: Memories from Waite's Bakery [new book]

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2005
      fyi..ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 3:40 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Memories from Waite's Bakery

      Hi Y'All-

      What a great trip down memory lane awaits those Birminghamians who "hung
      out" at Waite's Bakery. Monday afternoon, February 14, at 4:00, come
      celebrate Valentine's Day with Robert and Mary Waite and Shirley
      Herrington, who wrote the brand new Waite's Bakery: Favorite Recipes and
      Fond Memories.

      Sure, there are secret recipes from days gone by, but your favorite
      part of this treasure will be recalling personal experiences at this
      landmark when reading what dozens of folks from all walks of life
      (including a few who are no longer with us like Martin Hames and General
      Edward Friend) penned for this keepsake.

      Dr. Larry Contri mentioned after church treats; Judy Thompson credits
      the glazed doughnuts for getting her through law school; Susan Nabers
      Haskell recalls the wonderful ice cream; and Karl Friedman writes of
      always being greeted by a member of the Waite' family.

      Monday, February 14, 2005 4:00 PM
      Shirley Herrington
      Mary Waite
      Robert Waite
      Waite's Bakery: Favorite Recipes and Fond Memories

      If you just can't wait, the books arrived ten minutes ago. If you can't
      make the event, but would like signed copies, send credit card info &
      we'll handle it for you.

      See ya Valentine's Day.

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed
      from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good
      reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We
      will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any
      circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.