FW: Terrific Collection of Writers [at JSU Feb 12]

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2005
      fyi..ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:10 AM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Terrific Collection of Writers

      Hi Y'All-

      How would you like to have lunch with eight top-flight writers and hear
      them say a few words about their latest work? The ambitious folks at
      Jacksonville State University will celebrate their tenth anniversary of
      On The Brink this Saturday, February 12 and afford you just that
      opportunity.

      They invite four authors to speak for 15 minutes each in the morning and
      then sign books. There is a break for lunch (attendees select an
      author's table) and afterwards, the remaining four share words of wisdom
      and a final book signing. You're back home by mid-afternoon. The format
      is streamlined, fun and informative. It's a great opportunity for face
      time with talented writers and grabbing signed books.

      For their tenth anniversary, the committee has combined nationally
      acclaimed award-winners from conferences past with extremely talented
      newcomers who are indeed, On the Brink. To grab your ticket for a
      literary Saturday, call 256.782.5411.
      The program gets under way at 10:00 and it's about an hour's drive from
      Birmingham.

      The 2005 authors are:

      Marlin Barton - A Broken Thing
      Joe Formichella - The Wreck of the Twilight Limited
      Tom Franklin - Hell at the Breech
      Tommy Hays - The Pleasure Was Mine
      Roy Hoffman - Chicken Dreaming Corn
      Gretchen Laskos - The Midwife's Tale
      Dayne Sherman - Welcome to the Fallen Paradise
      Frank Stitt - Frank Stitt's Southern Table

      Hope we'll see ya on the road Saturday. Of course, our regular service
      prevails. If you can't make it, send credit card info and we'll handle
      getting you a signed copy.

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed
      from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good
      reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We
      will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any
      circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.