FW: UPDATE: Literature and Culture of the Modern South (1/25/05; 3/31/05-4/1/05)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2005
      fyi...ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: owner-cfp@...
      [mailto:owner-cfp@...]On Behalf Of Wystan2@...
      Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 10:17 AM
      To: cfp@...
      Subject: UPDATE: Literature and Culture of the Modern South (1/25/05;
      3/31/05-4/1/05)

      The dates for this year's Annual Writer's Workshop have been changed to

      March 31and April 1, 2004, and as a result, Clark Atlanta University's
      Annual
      Writers Workshop Conference has extended the deadline for submissions to
      this
      year's Conference, the subject of which is Literature and Culture of the
      Modern
      South. Deadline for submissions is now January 25, 2005.

      We are accepting submissions from faculty and graduate students for the

      following subjects:

      I. The role of the Southern Writer in a changing Southern Landscape
      II. (RE)Defining Southern Literature
      III. Gender and Race issues in Modern Southern Literature and Culture
      IV. The role of the Story Teller/Oral Literature in the Modern South
      V. Analysis of specific works by modern Southern writers
      VI. Multiculturalism in the Modern South
      VII. The City in Modern Southern Literature

      Please email your submissions (250-400 word abstract) and include the
      following information: Your name and school and home address and phone
      number;
      Please also include a brief resume/cv. Submit to Josef Vice,
      Coordinator of
      this year's Workshop at the following address:

      wystan2@... (mailto:wystan2@...)

      Full Information at
      http://cfp.english.upenn.edu
      or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj@...