FW: Ala. authors at Alabama Booksmith

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2004
      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:02 AM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Top Ten Books in America & More!

      Booksmith Bylines
      October 26, 2004
      Volume I, Issue 22

      The independent booksellers of America have named Coal Tattoo one of the
      ten best books in the country and we're thrilled to invite you to meet
      the author, Silas House, Wednesday, October 27 at 4:00 PM. Silas is on
      everyone's short list as the South's leading emerging writer. Foreward
      Magazine named his first book, Clay's Quilt, "perfect". Please drop by
      Wednesday and welcome Silas House to Birmingham.
      Wednesday, October 27 4:00 PM
      Silas House
      The Coal Tattoo

      Barbara Robinette Moss is known throughout America as the "Female Rick
      Bragg". This incredibly talented woman overcame unspeakable hardships to
      make a major mark with her first memoir, Change Me Into Zeus's Daughter.
      Her new book, Firece, will debut in her native Alabama at The Booksmith
      Friday, October 29, at 4:00 PM. Barbara is flying down from New York
      where she just opened her successful one woman art show. Drop by and be
      Friday, October 29 4:00 PM
      Barbara Robinette Moss

      We've never taken two days to host a booksigning, but we've never had a
      book like this. Hearts of Dixie: Fifty Alabamians and the State They
      Called Home includes short biographies of our historical figures as
      diverse as Hellen Keller, Zelda Fitzgerald, Truman Capote, Hank Williams
      and Martin Luther King, Jr. As if this sensational book itself weren't
      enough, fifty distinguished living Alabamians were chosen to write
      introductions, and many of them will be here this weekend to give us a
      thumbnail sketch of their honoree and to sign your books. A few who have
      already confirmed are Congressman Artur Davis, Dr. William Deal, Eric
      Essix, Joseph Farley, Dr. David Freedman, Alan Hunter, Phillipe Lathrop,
      Tom Scarritt, and Dr. Edward Stevenson. For a complete list of honorees
      and introducers, click the link to our web site below and go to "Coming
      Saturday & Sunday, October 30 & 31 2:00 PM
      Lots of Distinguished Alabamians
      Hearts of Dixie: Fifty Alabamians and the State They Called Home
      For details about these books and writers, and other upcoming signings,
      please click the link below and go to "Coming Events". As always, if you
      are unable to get by, we'll be happy to reserved signed copies.

      Reminder: It's almost November 12 and Alabama Public Television is now
      promoting An Evening With Mitch Albom and The Five People You Meet in
      Heaven. We're receiving calls from all over the state so reserve your
      tickets now at 205.870.4242!
      Whew! WHATAWEEK!
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.