FW: Madison Co. Records Center news

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20 10:48 AM

      From: LeeRoses@... [mailto:LeeRoses@...]
      Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 8:26 PM
      To: ALMADISO-D@...
      Subject: Madison Co. Records Center news

      http://members.aol.com/LeeRoses/mcrc.html "Treasures" site
      http://co.madison.al.us/mcrc/ permanent files site

      Way back in our first marriage file for 1809 - 1829 we listed some
      marriages from missing Volume C which Gandrud had listed in her book.
      Our wonderful
      archivist has located Volume C stored in a cabinet in the courthouse
      basement! Evidently it was in such bad shape that it was recopied into
      parts of new
      Volumes 2 and 3 and sent away to be rebound. Vol. C was rebound into 2
      volumes -
      Vol. C part 1 and Vol. C part 2 and evidently "retired".
      In the process of transcribing, about a dozen or so marriages were
      omitted from Volumes 2 and 3 and there were a number of other errors.
      Volumes 2 and
      3 are also difficult to read because the transcriber had such poor
      penmanship. Volume C can be easily read and we will probably have quite
      a few name
      corrections done this next week.

      Marriages for 1910 and 1925 are now complete and added to the
      page as are a few hundred more Probate case files.

      Terry D. Lee - Volunteer
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 9, 2004