FW: Booksmith Bylines Volume I, Issue 20 [Ala. bks/authors]

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2004
      fyi..ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 7:54 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Booksmith Bylines Volume I, Issue 20

      Booksmith Bylines
      September 13, 2004
      Volume I, Issue 20
      Super September Signings

      Make plans to spend the next two weeks at The Booksmith meeting and
      greeting truly incredible, big-time authors. As usual, if you cannot
      make any of these in person, we'll be happy to have books signed for
      you.

      Wednesday, September 15 - 4:00 PM
      Robert Halli
      An Alabama Songbook
      Harper Lee said, "An Alabama Songbook is a wonder - a work of fine
      scholarship that entertains as it instructs." Every Alabama library must
      include a copy of this wonderful collection of ballads, folksongs and
      spirituals. Come meet Dr. Halli - maybe he'll sing a ditty for you.

      Friday, September 17 - 4:00PM
      Richard Scott
      Legends of Alabama Football
      IF YOUR HEART PUMPS CRIMSON, DO NOT MISS THIS ONE. This gorgeous
      oversize book has magnificent, huge pictures of the greatest tiders of
      all time, with a foreward by Jay Barker. During the two hours of the
      signing only, we're offering (while they last), a BAMA BOOK BARGAIN!
      Signed copies of Legends of Alabama Football, Rammer Jammer Yellow
      Hammer by Warren St. John, and the leather bound, signed limited
      edition of The Crimson Tide by Winston Groom - all three for $99. -
      that's $200 at retail. ROLL TIDE!

      Saturday, September 18 - 6:00PM
      BIRMINGHAM PLEDGE WEEK EXTRAVAGANZA!
      Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth
      A Fire You Can't Put Out
      Sena Jeter Naslund
      Four Spirits
      Eric Essix
      Alabama 24/7
      Come celebrate the finale of Pledge Week with soft jazz played by the
      incomparable Eric Essix, who will also sign copies of the new Alabama
      24/7 which features a photo of our city's gifted one, as well as Live
      the Dream. He will also have copies of his newest CD for sale.
      Meet the most important civil rights leader of our time, the Reverend
      Fred Shuttlesworth and truly one of America's finest writers, Sena Jeter
      Naslund for her national debut signing of the paperback edition of Four
      Spirits . We'll also have lots of important Birmingham books previously
      signed just for this event, including the brand new, A Dream of Freedom,
      by Pulitizer Prize winner Diane McWhorter.
      The Pledge Week folks will serve wine and cheese.

      Monday, September 20 - 4:00PM
      George Singleton
      Why Dogs Chase Cars
      We've been chasing the South's funniest author for years and finally
      caught him. He is one sensational writer who is much, much, much more
      fun in person. Please do yourself a favor (and us, too - we need a big
      turnout to encourage this most sought-after author to come back to
      Birmingham), and come meet George Singleton.

      Sunday, September 26 - 1:00 PM
      Frank Stitt
      Pat Conroy
      Frank Stitt's Southern Table
      Need we say anything else?
      For details of these, as well as other fall events, check out COMING
      EVENTS on our web site link below.
      Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Monday and
      Sunday.
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a
      handful of undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to
      be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please
      forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under
      any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a
      friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.