FW: Madison Co. Records Center Update

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004
      fyi..ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: LeeRoses@... [mailto:LeeRoses@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:55 PM
      To: ALMADISO-L@...
      Subject: Madison Co. Records Center Update

      http://members.aol.com/LeeRoses/mcrc.html

      Volunteers of the Madison County Records Center were honored today
      (22
      July 2004). The story is in today's Huntsville Times. You can read it
      today
      online at:
      http://www.al.com/news/huntsvilletimes/index.ssf?/base/news/109051308214
      7520.x
      ml

      For your information - we now have copies of the death certificates
      for
      those persons buried in Maple Hill Cemetery from 1908 - 1916. These are
      all
      that Maple Hill has. Contact archivist Rhonda Larkin if you need a copy
      of one
      or more. Maple Hill interments are online with 42,000 entries at

      http://www.oldhuntsville.com/p259.htm

      I finally have a new "Treasure" on the website below. It is the
      1818
      Superior Court bond of Samuel Davis. Davis was being sued by Amy Butcher
      who
      wanted freedom from slavery for herself and her descendants. This took
      place when
      Madison Co. was in the Alabama Territory. I have also typed out the text
      for
      those who may have trouble reading the old writing.

      Terry D. Lee - volunteer
      LeeRoses@...
      http://members.aol.com/LeeRoses/mcrc.html for new "Treasures"
      and