Historic Magee Farm

  • lelesim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004
      Hi there!

      I just wanted to bring something to everyone's attention. The Son's
      of the Confederacy have purchased and have opened to the public the
      Historic Magee Farm. It is located up HWY 45 in Kushla. The last
      surrender terms of the Civil War between Generals Taylor and Canby
      were agreed upon here. This site is one of the last original
      structures standing in America where Confederate and yankee met in
      1865 to end the War Between the States. The house has been preserved
      by the family that has lived there and it is in excellent condition.

      Everyone should see this place! It is truly like stepping back in
      time!
      Lisa Simison

      Directions to MaGee Farm--'The last Appomattox';
      I-65 to Saraland, Alabama, exit 13 onto Highway 158 west. Go 1.5
      miles to Highway 45. Go right--north on Hwy 45 for 1.3 miles, then
      left at MaGee Farm sign