FW:- Guide to Alabama Grantmakers is Available]

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2004
      fyi...ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: owner-ALALA-L@...
      [mailto:owner-ALALA-L@...]On Behalf Of Renee Blalock
      Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 9:03 AM
      To: ALALA List; APLS Admin
      Cc: Elizabeth Dennis
      Subject: [Fwd: ATTN: Alabama Public Libraries- Guide to Alabama
      Grantmakers is A vailable]

      Attached [below] is an email addressed to library systems across the state
      asking for their participation in selling the new foundation directory,
      /Guide to Alabama Grantmakers,/ recently published by a cooperative
      effort of Alabama Giving and the Foundation Center. You may remember
      that in years past the Birmingham Public Library published the /Alabama
      Foundation Directory/. BPL has not been able to publish this title in
      many years due to lack of staff and money. So, we are very pleased and
      excited that this new volume is available now.

      This new book will be very helpful to those in your community seeking
      grants. It would be appropriate to place in all library
      collections--public, academic, school, and special. I urge you to obtain
      a copy for your library and if at all possible contact Beth and arrange
      for your library to be a point of purchase for your users.

      Elizabeth Dennis, the project coordinator, who can arrange for your
      purchase and sales if you so choose may be reached at
      bdennis@... <mailto:bdennis@...> .

      Thanks for your consideration of this worthy project!

      Renee Blalock

      /To learn more about Alabama Giving please reference the Alabama Giving
      Philanthropy Packet provided in 2002 to every public library in the
      state or visit www.alabamagiving.org <http://www.alabamagiving.org>. To
      learn more about the Foundation Center call a local cooperating
      collection library in the state or visit www.fdncenter.org
      <http://www.fdncenter.org>./

      Dear Alabama Librarian:

      We are pleased to announce the joint publication of Alabama Giving and the
      Foundation Center entitled Guide to Alabama Grantmakers has arrived. This
      guide serves as a unique resource for individuals, nonprofits, religious and
      other service organizations throughout the state by providing a listing of
      871 grantmakers: 767 grantmakers located in Alabama and 104 out-of-state
      grantmakers with funding interests in Alabama. Any fundraiser or
      organization seeking funding now has a consolidated listing of Alabama
      grantmakers that will fund in their geographic area and field of interest.
      This resource is perfect for start up nonprofits or fundraisers as well with
      its sample grant application and sample financial budget.

      In order for this highly requested resource to have the greatest impact in
      our communities, we need your help. Alabama Giving is pleased to provide
      these books on consignment to interested libraries throughout the state.
      Alabama Giving will issue a statewide press release highlighting each
      participating library. Moreover, each participating library will receive
      point of purchase displays to promote this book.

      Books will be provided to participating libraries in boxes of thirty-two
      (32). Each book is to be sold by the library for $40.00 to any interested
      individual or organization. Only checks will accepted and should be made
      payable to Alabama Giving. Inventory logs must be kept by the library using
      the attached form and payment will be requested quarterly in writing by
      Alabama Giving. This offer is valid through December of 2005 at which time
      all remaining inventory and payments will be collected.

      We are very excited about this new publication and pleased that the people
      of Alabama will now have an excellent reference source for grant writers and
      nonprofit organizations. If you have questions concerning this project or
      would like your library to participate, please email me at
      bdennis@... with your library name, mailing address and
      the initial quantity requested.

      Sincerely,

      Elizabeth E. Dennis