FW: [new] Alabama History Book

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2004

      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 4:51 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Alabama History Book

      Hi Y'All-
      Native Alabamians and illegal immigrants from Mississippi, Georgia and other
      foreign lands now all have an equal opportunity to become instant experts on
      our state's history.
      The most distinguished author and university history chair, Harvey H.
      Jackson, III will be in the store Friday, February 20, at 4:00 PM to discuss
      and sign copies of his brand new book Inside Alabama: A Personal History of
      My State.
      As most of our regulars know, we have the largest collection of Alabamiana
      on the planet, and we wouldn't tout a new book in this genre unless it was
      special. The deal with this one is it was researched and written by one of
      our state's leading historians in a completely personal and subjective
      manner. Those of us who have sneaked an early read found ourselves laughing
      aloud and shouting "Right on!"
      The book begins in prehistoric days and brings us up to the present, with
      the challenges facing Governor Riley. Don't miss the opportunity of meeting
      and talking with Harvey Jackson....and getting a signed copy of this
      remarkable work. Details:
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp;jsessionid=DB49C16DD85
      02D971B2F61A51E1DFB7F.t2?s=storeevents&eventId=259508

      See Ya Friday.
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com
      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed from
      our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good reading
      friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely
      confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any
      circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a friend
      and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.