Happy Belated Birthday to alabamahistory!

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
      Greetings, subscribers!

      I neglected to note last month that this "discussion" group had reached its
      fifth birthday; the first message to the group was sent on September 22,
      1998...the archives currently hold over 1900 messages...

      When I started this group, I envisioned at least semi-lively discussions of
      things related to Alabama history, culture and folklore...for the first year
      or so, that was more or less the case...since then, however, the group as
      evolved [devolved] into mostly a one-way broadcast from me to you, despite
      the 146 current subscribers...altho I note that many of those subscribers
      have chosen the "no mail" option and I doubt many of those are reading mail
      via the web site...

      Yahoo! makes available many services for groups such as ours in addition to
      email distribution and archives....there is space for files, photos and
      links storage..calendar and chat functions, etc...any subscribers are
      welcome to use these functions in ways related to the subject matter of the
      group...

      Until next year at about this same time....aj

      A.J. Wright, MLS
      Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
      Director, Section on the History of Anesthesia

      Dept of Anesthesiology/Library
      School of Medicine
      University of Alabama at Birmingham
      619 19th Street South, JT965
      Birmingham AL 35249-6810

      205-975-0158
      205-975-5963 [fax]

      ajwright@...

      http://www.anes.uab.edu/libraryinformation.htm
    • VKN
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
        Re: [alabamahistory] Happy Belated Birthday to alabamahistory! On 10/17/03 11:17 AM, "A.J. Wright" <a.j.wright@...> wrote:

        > Until next year at about this same time....aj

        The list is classic.
        Thanx for five years of outstanding information.
        You  and the list are MUCH appreciated.
        On to year six!!!
      • Ed Bridges
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
          Mr. Wright,
          I really appreciate the information service you provide and thank you for it. I DO read the messages and find the information very useful. All best wishes.

          Ed Bridges
          >>> "A.J. Wright" <a.j.wright@...> 10/17/03 11:17AM >>>
[...]

          An archive of messages for this list since September 1998 can be viewed at http://www.yahoogroups.com/archive/alabamahistory

        • Louise & Richard Browning
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 17, 2003
            Hello Mr. Wright and Happy Birthday to you and the group,
            I am a silent reader of the e-mails on and from this group. Most are very
            interesting. Most of the Browning family started out in Alabama (early
            1800's)and migrated to Texas and Oklahoma on toward and into California.
            Keep up the good work.
            Louise