FW: Parties! [Capitol Book, Montgomery]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 10:30 AM
      To: Capitol Book
      Subject: Parties!

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Wednesday, October 8, 2003

      Today's Contents:
      1. Yes we're going to a party party
      2. And more, too
      3. And another!

      Greenhaw Does It Again
      Montgomery's Wayne Greenhaw continues his creative explosion of the past few
      years with a brand new book.

      The Spider's Web contains a novella and several short stories, all set in
      Tuscaloosa and Birmingham in the 1950s. The central character, in the
      novella and in the stories, is Thomas Morgan Reed, a young boy on his way to
      becoming a man. His family is by turns loving and difficult, his friends
      sometimes steadfast, sometimes unreliable as he finds his way through
      serious illness and certain other hazards of growing up. This is Wayne's
      most personal writing yet.....extremely powerful stuff.
      ($23.95 hardcover)

      Come meet Wayne and get your book signed TOMORROW, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9, FROM
      5-7 PM.

      Mark Your Calendar
      We have several other nice events coming up in the next few weeks, too. You
      don't want to miss:
      Monday, October 13 (5:00-7:00) Steve Oney- And the Dead Shall Rise
      Tuesday, October 14 (5:00-7:00) Daphne Simpkins- The Long Good Night
      Tuesday, October 21 (5:00-7:00) Karren Pell- Alabama Troubadour
      Saturday, November 1 (2:00-4:00) Valerie Gribben- Fairytale

      Offer Ends Today
      The 21st Annual Capri Gala is THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11, 7-11 PM. We still
      have a few tickets for sale here. They're $40 each, and yes, while they last
      we are still matching your $40, so if you buy your tickets from us, your $40
      becomes $80. Call, email or come by TODAY, as we must turn in our unsold
      tickets to the Capri.
      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473