FW: bookmarks [Alabama authors]

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003

      From: Bettye Forbus [mailto:blforbus@...]
      Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 4:39 PM
      To: AL Library Assn
      Subject: bookmarks

      I was asked to post all of the suggestions received
      for the bookmarks showcasing Alabama authors/titles.
      I have pasted them below. Sometimes authors names
      were suggested without titles and sometimes with
      specific titles so both appear in the list. These
      suggestions were considered along with lists from a
      variety of sources such as the Alabama Library
      Association Author Award recipients, etc.

      Thank you to everyone who took the time to make a
      suggestion.

      Bettye Forbus

      SUGGESTIONS FOR ALABAMA AUTHORS BOOKMARKS

      Ted Allbeury - Cold Tactics
      Andy Andrews - A Traveler's Gift
      Maya Angelou - I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
      Beverly Barton - Every Move She Makes
      David A. Bice - Southern Smiles & Tears
      Rick Bragg
      Mary Ward Brown
      Jimmy Buffett
      Truman Capote - Breakfast at Tiffany's, In Cold Blood
      Mark Childress
      William Cobb - Somewhere in All This Green
      Pat Cunningham Devoto - My Last Days as Roy Rogers
      Tim Dorsey - Triggerfish Twist
      Ben Erickson - A Parting Gift
      Fannie Flagg - Standing in the Rainbow
      J. Wayne Flynt
      Deborah Ford
      Jay A. Gates - The League Reunion
      Anne George - Murder Boogies with Elvis
      Charles Ghigna
      Faye Gibbons
      Jacquelyn Procter Gray - A Dry, Dusty Wind
      Wayne Greenhaw
      W.E.B. Griffin - Final Justice
      Vanessa Davis Griggs
      Carolyn Haines
      Wade Hall
      Virginia V. Hamilton
      James Haskins
      Aileen Kilgore Henderson - The Summer of the Bonepile
      Monster
      Frank Turner Hollon - A Thin Difference
      Linda Howard - Kill and Tell, Mr. Perfect
      Robert Inman - Home Fires Burning
      Angela Johnson
      Madison Jones - To the Winds
      Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
      Edna Lewis
      Robert McCammon - Speaks the Nightbird
      Norman McMillan - A Distant Son
      William March
      Charlotte Miller - There is a River
      Gilbert Morris - Heart of a Lion
      Han Nolan
      Barbara Park
      Walker Percy - The Last Gentleman, The Moviegoer, The
      Thanatos Syndrome
      Howell Raines
      Sandra King Ray - Making Waves in Zion
      Michelle Richmond - Dream of the Blue Room
      William Sanford Sr. - Tainted Quill
      Marilyn Schwartz
      Margaret Searcy
      Mike Stewart - The Sins of the Brother