FW: Marlin Barton Here Tomorrow! [Alabama author]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 10:43 AM
      To: Bookstore
      Subject: Marlin Barton Here Tomorrow!

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Wednesday, June 4, 2003

      Today's Contents:
      1. Marlin Barton Here Tomorrow

      It Doesn't Get Any Better....
      ....than to be able to host the very first appearance by a fine young writer
      on a tour promoting his very first novel, especially when the writer is an
      old friend, and most especially when he's written a first rate book. And
      tomorrow we get to do just that, when Marlin (we call him Bart) Barton comes
      to the store to sign copies of his new novel, A Broken Thing.

      Most of you know about Bart. A lot of you even know him, and some of you may
      suspect we're only promoting this one because he's a friend of ours, and in
      fact that doesn't hurt. But the fact is that Bart is a very fine writer, and
      this is a very fine novel, exactly true to its time and place, sometimes
      heartbreakingly sad, told in the voices of the members of one Alabama
      family, that family being the "broken thing" of the title.

      Trust us. It's wonderful. And a treat to read as a respite from the usual
      summer blockbuster fare. Books like this one are why we keep doing what we
      do.

      Bart's here TOMORROW, THURSDAY, JUNE 5, FROM 5-7 PM. The book is hardcover,
      $24.95, and we also have first editions of Bart's short story collection,
      The Dry Well, also a $24.95 hardcover. If you can't come, just let us know,
      and we'll be happy to get books signed for you.

      And for those who want more about Bart, you can read the story from today's
      Montgomery Advertiser. Just click HERE.

      Or, to read our column about Bart from a couple of weeks ago, click HERE.

      See you tomorrow!
      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473