Ft. Mims Reenactment 23-24 August

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      fyi..aj wright // ajwright@...

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 22:49:38 EDT
      From: BrienMcW@...
      Subject: Fort Mims 2003

      Friends of Fort Mims,

      This is to advise you that the Fort Mims Restoration Association (FMRA) has
      changed the date of this year's event. Originally it was proposed for the
      weekend of August 30-31. While that would put it on the original date it
      took place, that also is Labor Day weekend this year. Too many other events
      taking place at that time would decrease our reenactor participation.
      Therefore, the date has been moved back to August 23-24. Please mark that
      on
      your calendars and spread the news near and far!

      We have informed the FMRA of our desire to once again perform the Burnt Corn
      Creek skirmish in the morning each day and the Fort Mims fight in the
      afternoon. In that way, we tell the whole story (including what
      precipitated
      the whole affair), and we keep the scenario fresh and varied.

      We are actively recruiting real, honest to goodness Indians as hard as ever.
      Any of you with any tribal connections, please lend a hand. Put them in
      touch with us.

      This year Horseshoe Bend will not conflict with our event. That should free
      up more militia to join in the fray.

      Interest in the time period continues to grow. Hope to see you there for
      the
      190th anniversary event!

      Brien McWilliams
      Reenactor Coordinator