FW: [genealib] Hartford, AL City Cemetery Book for sale

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2003

      From: DrewSmithUSF@... [mailto:DrewSmithUSF@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:29 PM
      To: Librarians Serving Genealogists
      Subject: [genealib] Hartford, AL City Cemetery Book for sale

      Note: The following note is forwarded to GENEALIB at the request of the
      individual whose name appears at the end. Please direct any questions to

      The SEAGHS (Southeast Alabama Genealogy & History Society), a non-
      profit organization dedicated to preserving the genealogy & history
      of families who settled this area, is located in Dothan, AL.
      We have a membership representive of the entire Wiregrass Region of
      southeast Alabama. Counties included are - Barbour, Bullock, Coffee,
      Crenshaw, Dale, Geneva, Henry, Houston & Pike.

      Many of our members have ancestors who came to Alabama from Virginia,
      South & North Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee, and other states as well.
      Over the last 150 - 175 years those settlers either stayed here, or
      moved on south to Florida; or on west to Mississippi, Louisiana,
      Arkansas and other western states.

      For a limited time the society is offering the following valuable
      resource book for sale:

      pages, Stanley & Cutler, (c)1997, $ 27.00 (includes shipping).
      Surveyed & compiled by two of our members Mildred Stanley and Helon
      Cutler, a CGRS. This professionally well done census also includes a
      map & legend of the historic Hartford, AL cemetery which contains over
      2000 identifiable gravesites.

      This cemetery is over 100 years old and is still in use today.
      Some family names listed are: Calhoun,Galloway,Smith,Sorrells,
      Stewart,Hollan,Kimbro,Deas, and many others.

      If you are interested in obtaining this valuable book for your society,
      or library, please let me know and I'll be glad to forward more particulars
      in the form of a PDF file which also includes a picture of the book cover.

      Kind Regards,

      Martha Smith,
      SEAGHS Book Committee
      Dothan, AL