FW: Stribling Trilogy - Alabamaiana

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2003
      fyi...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: smedina@... [mailto:smedina@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 7:23 AM
      To: NAAL-L@...
      Subject: Re: Stribling Trilogy - Alabamaiana

      FYI ( I had to delete the attached picture because the list doesn't accept
      attachments. If you want the picture -- send me an email and I will send
      you a PERSONAL copy!)

      Sue O. Medina
      smedina@...
      www.ache.state.al.us/NAAL

      Carol Lyles <CLyles@...>

      03/18/2003 04:08 PM

      Sue,
      On March 7-9 the University of North Alabama celebrated the life and
      significance of Pulitizer prize winning author T. S. Stribling, who
      graduated
      from this University 100 years ago in 1903. Stribling's trilogy The Forge,

      The Store, and Unfinished Cathedral were reissued by the University of
      Alabama
      Press to commemorate the centennial of his graduation. The special limited
      edition box set is only available through the Office of Alumni Relations at

      the University. On Friday, March 7th, Books-A-Million officially started
      the
      Books-A-Million/T. S. Stribling scholarship for the department of English.

      The profits from the sale of the boxed set will go to that scholarship.
      Wayne O'Neal suggested I contact you about alerting the libraries in this
      state about the offer. A picture of the trilogy is attached and at your
      request, I will send you information about Stribling. Hopefully, you will
      send
      out this suggestion to purchase to all the libraries on the network. We
      are
      selling the limited edition for $100 plus tax and handling. The price is
      less
      for the box set than for the individual books sold separately. Thanks so
      much. Please respond by email or telephone me at the number below.

      More Stribling information can be found in the UNA Library Collier
      Archieves
      at http://www2.una.edu/library/stribling/index.html or on the Alumni
      Relations
      website at http://www.una.edu/alumni/FAF_Stribling.htm