Colonies of the Gulf Coast/Ft. Gaines, March 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2003
      fyi..aj wright // ajwright@...

      Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:40:59 -0600

      Subject: Fwd: Colonies of the Gulf Coast

      >From: <fortgaines@...>
      >

      >Just wanted to let you know that we have set the date for Colonies Of the
      >Gulf Coast, March 22-23, 2003. Also we would like to invite you and your
      >group to participate with us.
      >
      >Joe Everett
      >Fort Park Ranger

      March 22-23, 2003
      Colonies Of the Gulf Coast
      Site/Location: Fort Gaines, Dauphin Island, AL
      Time Period: 1700-1800s
      Contact: Joe Everett, Fort Park Ranger
      Phone: (251)8616992
      Email: fortgaines@...

      Explore life on Isle Dauphine in the 1700-1800s. Visit with French, British,
      and Spanish soldiers. A part of Napoleon's Old Guard, that formed the
      Colony in Demopolis, AL., will be on hand to demonstrate soldier life of
      this timeperod. They will do drilling and fire the cannon. You'll see
      authentic camping in the fort. There will be candle making, and openhearth
      cooking. You'll see settlers competing in bow and arrow skills.

      A.J. Wright, MLS
      Associate Professor of Anesthesiology
      Director, Section on the History of Anesthesia

      Dept of Anesthesiology/Library
      School of Medicine
      University of Alabama at Birmingham
      619 19th Street South, JT965