FW: Alabama Land records available

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003

      From: Mike Breedlove [mailto:MBreedlo@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 1:04 PM

      Subject: Alabama Land records available

      Please look at an article in The Montgomery Advertiser, 2003 January 09,
      pages B3 and 5 on the imaging of the seventy two (72) bound volumes of the
      Secretary of State Tract books, which are arranged alphabetically by county,
      and their imminent transmittal to the Alabama Department of Archives and
      History. It took $300,000.00 to have the 19,564 documents and over 100,000
      land transfer records, including maps, microfiche, and land patent records
      imaged by Electronic Data Systems (EDS). The public will be able to view
      these extensively indexed and imaged records at the Secretary of State's
      office on work stations in about one month. The originals can then finally
      be retired.

      Thanks, Mike
    • Louise & Richard Browning
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2003
        I wish more states would make images of the land records. A very interesting
        article. Was able to find it in the archives of the digital Montgomery
        Advertiser. Thanks for sharing.
        Louise