FW: McDonough Program [Alabama author]

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2002

      From: Mike Bowen [mailto:mbowen@...]
      Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 1:03 PM
      To: H-TENNESSEE@...
      Subject: ANN: McDonough Program

      [This message is forwarded from the Tennessee Historical Society.]

      This is just a reminder about our program with Professor James McDonough

      next week. On November 14, noted Civil War historian James McDonough will be
      in
      Nashville to talk about his research for a new book on the Battle of
      Nashville.
      McDonough is a retired professor of history from Auburn University and a
      former
      professor at Lipscomb University as well. He has published a number of books
      on
      the Civil War in Tennessee and the South including: Chattanooga: A Death
      Grip
      on the Confederacy (1990), War in Kentucky: From Shiloh to Perryville
      (1996);
      Shiloh: In Hell Before Night (1977); Stones River: Bloody Winter in
      Tennessee
      (1983) among many others.

      We are fortunate to be cosponsoring this program with the Department of
      History, Politics, and Philosophy at Lipscomb University and will hold the
      program there. The lecture will be at 7:00 p.m. in the Shamblin Theatre
      which
      is located in the University Center on the Lipscomb Campus. The entrance to
      the
      Lipscomb campus is on Belmont Boulevard. There will be signs on campus
      directing you to the location. Please email me or call the THS office if you

      need directions. Admission to this program is free and open to the public.

      I look forward to seeing many of you there.

      Sincerely,

      Kelly Wilkerson
      Director, Membership and Programs
      Tennessee Historical Society