FW: [AL-CEM] Cemetery Preservation Workshop [Nov 9, Montgomery]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2002

      From: Caroline [mailto:carolineh@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 3:24 PM
      To: AL-CEMETERIES-L@...
      Subject: [AL-CEM] Cemetery Preservation Workshop

      Note: for further information be sure to respond only to the address at
      the end of this message - not the sender.

      Thank you.

      To: All Concerned in Saving Alabama's Historical Cemeteries

      The Montgomery Genealogical Society, Inc. (MSG) with the Alabama
      Historical Commission will hold a workshop 9 November 2002 at the Alabama
      State Archives and History. It will be a Call to Action. We will explore
      ways to protect and restore our rich cemetery heritage. Also, information
      will be available on a Plan for Action.

      Together, we can make a difference by strengthening Alabama Laws, Adopting
      a Cemetery, advocating state cemetery days in the Spring and Fall and by
      educating the public. All genealogical, historical and preservations
      groups, government officials along with anyone interested in preserving our
      past for the future are invited to attend. Take this opportunity to give
      voice to your concerns for positive steps that must be taken now!

      Please join hands with us to save Alabama's historic cemeteries!

      Programs will be printed by next week. More information will be on MGS
      website along with a Registration Form
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~almgs/cemeteryapp.htm. Please email me at
      Alabama7@... if you still need more information.

      Lorena Joyce Marshall Nicoll

      Treasurer
      Abner McGehee Cemetery Memorial Fund

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~almgs/mcgehee/index.html

      Montgomery Genealogical Society, Inc.

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~almgs

      Montgomery County Heritage Book

      Member: http://www.familyhistory.com/societyhall/main.asp

      Researching: Marshall, Dixon, Lewis, Lott, Brown, Brand,

      Thompson, McGehee, Mitchell, Law, Garland, Christmas,

      Winslett, Webster

      Motto: "Those who do not look upon themselves as links connecting the past
      with the future do not perform their duty to the world." Daniel Webster
      1782-1852