Re: Help

  • michael fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 1999
      Debbie,

      Hi. I trust you are doing well.

      I encountered a reference that somehow I managed to miss in my various
      trips to the archives. Could you forward this to the correct person? I
      came across a footnote to a file called "Legislative Correspondence, Drawer
      17, Civil Archives Division, ASDAH.

      Specifically, there's a letter from Allen Alexander to the House of
      Representatives, November 17, 1869, which looks crucial to my research on
      Mobile for my (hopefully) forthcoming book. There ought to be a companion
      election case involving Alexander McKinstry of Mobile at about the same
      time, and any references to that would be helpful too.

      Could somebody locate these files and xerox them for me? It would be most
      helpful. And is there a finding aid to the legislative files?

      Thanks,

      Prof. Michael W. Fitzgerald
      History Department
      St. Olaf College