FW: Birmingham Doctor Hits The Big Time [as author]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2002
      fyi...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 5:03 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Birmingham Doctor Hits The Big Time

      Hi Y'all-
      We don't normally have signings for mass market paperbacks, but we're making
      an exception for one we think will be a biggie. In fact, the last author we
      hosted with a paperback original mass market book was Anne George. Hans
      Watford does not write like Anne George, but he did win the same writing
      prize that launched Fannie Flagg's literary career (The Santa Barbara
      Fiction Award).
      We believe Hans Watford is the next Michael Crichton or Robin Cook - the new
      king of medical thrillers. One of New York's leading publishers, Kensington
      thinks so also, as they signed the Birmingham cardiologist to a three book
      contract for their Pinnacle imprint and are sending him on a major tour. Of
      course, his nationwide debut booksigning is at the Booksmith, Monday,
      October 7, from 4:00 until 6:00 PM.
      Click below for details about Mortal Strain, a true page-turner.......and
      while you're visiting Hans Watford's site in our Coming Events section,
      toggle over the next few dates and check out when you can see Pat Conroy,
      Rick Bragg, Stuart Woods, Kathryn Tucker Windham, the gorgeous new book on
      the history of the Alabama Theatre, and a couple of dozen others.
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp;jsessionid=7DBA56DF9A7
      0C67D77EB09593140635C.t2?s=storeevents&eventId=211505
      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com
      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed from
      our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good reading
      friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We will NEVER,
      EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any circumstances. Lastly, if
      you received this notice by forward from a friend and would like to join
      Alabama's literati, please request same.