FW: Robert Mccammon Here Tomorrow [Capitol Bks, Montgomery]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2002

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 9:40 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: Robert Mccammon Here Tomorrow

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Wednesday October 2, 2002

      Just a reminder. Robert McCammon will be here at the store TOMORROW,
      THURSDAY OCTOBER 3, FROM 5-7 PM! Many of you remember him from his early
      horror novels, and almost all of you remember him from his huge bestseller
      from about 10 years ago, Boy's Life.

      After that great success he disappeared from view for reasons he may, or may
      not, want to discuss with you tomorrow, but now he's returned with a big
      book that's a little like, but mostly unlike, anything he's done before. The
      new book, Speaks the Nightbird, is an epic historical mystery set in the
      Carolinas in 1699, against the backdrop of a witchcraft trial.

      It's hard, and dangerous, to try to sum up a 726 page book in such a few
      words, and we know that some fans of writers get nervous when their favorite
      guy tries something "new," but our little focus group of McCammon fans has
      been blown away by this book, and we think you will be, too.

      Lately we've been trying something a little different at our signings,
      having the author interrupt the signing about halfway through, and do a
      brief reading, and that's probably what we'll do tomorrow. So come early if
      you just want a book, or come at about 6 PM if you want to hear him read,
      but mainly just come. But if you can't, we will of course be happy to get a
      book signed for you. Just let us know. ($27.95 hardcover)

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473
      www.capitolbook.com