FW: [sfb-list] Southern Festival of Books schedule

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002

      From: twhenderson [mailto:tim@...]
      Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 5:22 PM
      To: sfb-list@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [sfb-list] Southern Festival of Books schedule

      Greetings:

      We're pleased to announce that the schedule for 2002 Southern Festival
      of Books: A Celebration of the Written Word is now available online at
      the attached link. The Festival is presented by Humanities Tennessee,
      a statewide non-profit dedicated to public education in the
      humanities. Information about all of our programs is available on the
      website.

      We have a couple of important logistical notes. Festival author
      sessions will take place in the Nashville Public Library, in the
      hearing rooms beneath War Memorial Plaza, and in the State Capitol
      Building. There is extra security this year; we appreciate your
      patience in accommodating these changes. For instance, to get into the
      State Capitol building, you will enter War Memorial Plaza at the
      corner of 6th and Union and go through the tunnel beneath Charlotte
      Avenue. We're happy to welcome back C-SPAN 2's BookTV, filming all
      sessions this year in the House Chambers of the State Capitol Building.

      We will have a shuttle bus running from the library to the Legislative
      Plaza and State Capitol all weekend, courtesy of Vanderbilt
      University. There will be shuttle pick-up stops posted for your
      convenience.

      The Festival's offical program will be available in printed form in
      The Tennessean this Sunday, October 6 and on-site at the Plaza.

      This year's Festival lineup contains a diverse and wonderful mix of
      fiction, biography, history, children's literature, poetry, memoir and
      more. We hope you agree that the 14th annual Festival promises to be
      one of the best ever. As you read through the schedule and make your
      weekend plans, please keep in your minds the many wonderful volunteers
      and donors in the community who help make the event happen. If you are
      not a Festival volunteer or donor, we hope you will consider becoming
      both in plenty of time for next year's event. You can visit the
      Humanities Tennessee headquarters booth in the center of the Plaza to
      learn more.

      For this year's schedule, visit
      www.tn-humanities.org/sessions.htm

      Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you on the Plaza!

      Humanities Tennessee staff