FW: Booksigning and more [Alabama authors]

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2002

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 11:43 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: Booksigning and more

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Monday August 26, 2002

      Today's Contents:
      1. Booksigning Tomorrow
      2. Blue Moon
      3. Fanny

      You Think You've Got the Blues?

      What if your devout wife threatened to leave you (or worse) because your
      no-good blues singing brother had turned all your children away from her and
      not only that but you'd taken up with a long-lost lover your own self, and
      none of this would have happened except you'd given up your dream to be a
      doctor and settled on a life as an educator just to make this same wife
      happy in the first place? Then you might have the blues, even if nothing bad
      does happen to your dog.

      That's the short version of the new novel Blues in the Wind, written by
      Whitney J. LeBlanc, and published by Montgomery's own River City Publishing.
      It's a book about all that, and about Civil Rights, Louisiana Creole/Negro
      culture, the great Depression, and the birth of the blues. We're happy to
      say that Whitney will be here TOMORROW, TUESDAY, AUGUST 27 FROM 4-6 PM to
      sign his new book. Please come, or if you can't, let us know, and we'll get
      a copy signed for you. ($23.95 hardcover)

      Wow!

      Our little email Friday about the new book Stories From the Blue Moon Cafe
      was successful way beyond what we'd expected. We sold all of the 25 copies
      we had on hand, and got orders for a bunch more. We spent the weekend
      scouring the country for more copies, and we have in fact located a few,
      which will be here in a couple of days. Let us know if you'd like us to hold
      one for you. Yes, they're all first editions, since there's only been one
      edition printed! ($25 hardcover)

      Fanny Tix Going Fast

      We're almost out of tickets to the Fannie Flagg dinner, so if you want to
      go, you should a) email or call us right now, or b) call the folks at the
      Alabama Center For The Book in Auburn at 334-844-4946, also right now. There
      are only 250 seats available for the dinner, which is on September 27 down
      at the TSUM complex in downtown Montgomery. Tickets are $50, but that
      includes a signed copy of the book, a $27.95 value. A very good deal!

      And by the way, Cheryl is now prepared to declare the new book, Standing in
      the Rainbow, "great, as good as Fried Green Tomatoes." And also by the way,
      if you can't or don't want to go to a dinner, Fannie will be here at the
      store doing a regular booksigning on Thursday, September 26, 4-6 PM.

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473
      www.capitolbook.com