FW: [southernfolklorists] Tributaries: The Journal of the Alabama Folklife Association.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002

      From: Brackner, Joey [mailto:Joey@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:46 AM
      To: 'Southern Folklorists'
      Subject: [southernfolklorists] Tributaries: The Journal of the Alabama Folklife Association.

      Dear Southrons:

      If any of you have done or are doing research on Alabama topics, I hope you will consider contributing an article, research note or review for the sixth issue of Tributaries: The Journal of the Alabama Folklife Association.  So far, we have a couple of articles in development. We could use one or two more.  There will also be several book and recording reviews as well.  If you do not want to submit an article, but would be willing to write a short review, please let me know.

      The journal is an annual publication of the AFA and the Alabama State Council on the Arts.  The fifth issue, a thematic blues issue with articles by Doug Seroff and Lynn Abbott, Jerrilyn McGregory, Kevin Nutt, John Garst, Willie King, and photo essay by Axel Kustner is being mailed out today to AFA members and libraries.

      I would like to have submissions by October l.  Articles should be from 3500 to 7000 words.   We will eventually use Microsoft Word, but can convert other programs.  Black and white photos can also be submitted with articles.  We use at least 2 or 3 per article.  As a guide for notation, please use the style guide for the Journal of American Folklore (I can send this upon request).

      Please feel free to contact me with article ideas and suggestions for contributors for this or future issues.

      Thanks!

      Joey Brackner

      Alabama Folklife Program

      Alabama State Council on the Arts