FW: Shelley Stewart, The Road South

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2002
      Stewart is a long-time Birmingham radiio broadcaster, among other things...aj wright // ajwright@...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 1:04 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Shelley Stewart

      Hi Y'All-

      For those who have not read the Publishers Weekly blue-boxed review of The Road South, calling it one of the most important books of the year, let us tell you about it. This memoir, more than any we have ever read, proves that the human spirit can conquer brutality, deprivation, racism and much more.

      Shelley Stewart's amazing success story reads like fiction and will be on all "must read" lists. Warner Books thinks so, as many of their top executives are headed to Alabama on the corporate jet to kick-off Shelley's nationwide tour.

      The mayor of Homewood has proclaimed Friday, July 12, as "Shelley Stewart Day". The Homewood Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a ceremony at the Booksmith at 4:00 PM where Mayor Barry McCulley will present Shelley with the key to the city. Even though he must be in Washington, D.C. the next day, Shelley has agreed to sign everyone's books - if it takes all night. Of course, if you can't make the party, we'll be happy to reserve signed copies.

      Click for details:
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?&s=storeevents&eventId=193951

      See ya Friday,

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a handful of
      undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.