FW: Eugene Walter Remembrance

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2002

      From: The Alabama Booksmith [mailto:booksmith@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 1:02 PM
      To: Alabama's Literati
      Subject: Eugene Walter Remembrance

      Hi Ya'll-

      HAPPY 6TH OF JULY! Everybody enjoys the fireworks, barbecue and flags celebrating the 4th, but only Alabama's Literati will enjoy July 6th, when Katherine Clark visits the Booksmith from 1:00 to 3:00 Saturday afternoon to talk about the incredible life of Eugene Walter as described in  her delicious book, Milking the Moon.

      Katherine's acclaimed work (named by independent booksellers in all 50 states as one of the best books in America) has recently been released in paperback, which prompts this tour. Everyone is invited to meet Katherine and hear all about the man who numbered among his friends Truman Capote, Tallulah Bankhead, Judy Garland, William Faulkner and co-founded The Paris Review.

      We also have a few copies in hardback Katherine will be happy to sign.

      For details: http://www.alabamabooksmith.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?&s=storeevents&eventId=186204

      See Ya Saturday-

      The Booksmith Gang
      The Alabama Booksmith
      2626 19th Place
      Homewood, AL 35209
      205.870.4242
      booksmith@...
      http://www.alabamabooksmith.com

      Don't forget to e-mail us before you change addresses. We purge a handful of  undeliverable invitations after each mailing. If you wish to be removed from our invitation list, please reply. Likewise, please forward to good reading friends. Your e-mail address is kept absolutely confidential. We will NEVER, EVER sell or loan this list to anyone under any circumstances. Lastly, if you received this notice by forward from a friend and would like to join Alabama's literati, please request same.