FW: BOOKSIGNING TOMORROW [Nanci Kincaid at Capitol Book, Montgome ry]

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2002

      From: Capitol Book [mailto:capitolbook@...]
      Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 11:07 AM
      To: Capitol Book E-Letter List
      Subject: BOOKSIGNING TOMORROW

      The Capitol Book Newsletter
      Monday  June 10, 2002

      Today's Contents
      1. Nanci Kincaid Here Tomorrow!
      2. Thank You

      Nanci Kincaid

      Nanci Kincaid's first book, "Crossing Blood," was published in 1992.  When the original publisher let it go out-of-print theUniversity of Alabama Press snapped it up for their "Deep South Book" series.  (paper, $15.95)  It's what we would call a "small classic."

      Since then, Nanci has been published by Algonquin Books and edited by the preeminent Southern editor Shannon Ravenel. There was a book of short stories in 1997, "Pretending the Bed is a Raft" (hardcover, $17.95) and the rambunctious novel about football wives "Balls" (hardcover, $21.95) which was set at the University of Alabama.  Her new book is "Verbena," (hardcover, $24.95) , set in the present day in rural Alabama .  The title character is a teacher, a wife and the mother of five teenagers, whose world is suddenly changed by her husband's death in a car accident.

      Nanci's talent and appeal lie in making characters and stories that are as real and full as those of your own family, or your own best friend.  We are thrilled to have her at CB&N for the very first time.

      Nanci will be here tomorrow, Tuesday, June 11, from 5:00-7:00, signing copies of the new book, and copies of all the old books, too. We've arranged to have them all available!

      If you would like signed copies but can't come, just let us know and we will be happy to take care of it for you. See you here tomorrow!

      It Adds Up

      Thanks to all who came by last week and bought some of the old books we were peddling for the benefit of the Storybook Project of Aid to Inmate Mothers. The accounting is not quite completed yet, but it appears you contributed about $2000 to this most worthy cause. Thanks!

      Thomas Upchurch
      Capitol Book & News Company
      Voice 334-265-1473
      www.capitolbook.com